The death of a loved one is a distressing time. We can help with initial advice on practical issues such as registering a death, arranging a funeral (and paying for it), ensuring that estate assets, including any house or flat, are insured and safe and secure.
We can also:
- advise on whether a Grant of Probate is necessary, the implications of this and the options for obtaining a Grant
- apply for a Grant and deal with any tax issues on your behalf
- cash in or transfer bank or building society accounts and deal with shares and other investments
- arrange to clear and/or sell the deceased’s property on your behalf or transfer it to those entitled
- distribute the estate in accordance with the Will or intestacy rules (where there is no Will)
If you have any further queries contact us to discuss or to make an appointment.